Saturday 6 June 2015

Still in the forest

The Sologne continues to envelope. We - I have been joined at Blois by Jay - are three days in, at present at the little village of St Viâtre. The sandy tracks make for easy pleasant walking, especially as it has now cooled down to a reasonable temperature again. 


But the heat was good for swimming! Here is one of the Sologne's little lakes in which we had the perfect dip. 


And the butterfly count is going up. This one is a White Admiral, which I had hoped the Sologne would produce. Both sides of the wings are a treat to behold. 




1 comment:

  1. Looks delightful, John. The inter use of I and we interests me. After 3 days in the woods are you getting Dissociated personality syndrome or are you just frolicking with the wood nymphs? But to get back to the important stuff - I have chosen a healthy petit dejeuner this morning of muesli and yoghurt. What did you have? Deja Vu, Marian

    ReplyDelete